Are you looking for a fun, creative, and collaborative work environment?
Do you enjoy digging into technical problems, finding solutions, and communicating the outcomes?
Lewis Media Group might be the place for you!
We are looking to add a Support Specialist who can work with our hosting service on technical server issues, has a great blend of people and administrative skills, and a thorough understanding of the technical side of WordPress and plugins.
Remote or On-Site Applicants Welcome
Get to know us!
Lewis Media Group is a growing online marketing company located in the Pacific Northwest. We are looking for the right people to complement our service offerings and network. Our culture is fun, creative, and collaborative, and team members are given a great deal of autonomy. We have a main office in Keizer, Oregon, but part of our team works remote, and some do a combination of on-site/remote work. We are looking to add a full-time WordPress Technical Support Specialist who can work with our hosting service on technical server issues, has a great blend of people, and administrative skills, and a thorough understanding of the technical side of WordPress and plugins.
We work with numerous businesses, organizations, and non-profits. Providing premium customer service, detailed communication, and supporting our communities are a few of our core values. If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume for our review. Include plenty of detail so we have a good understanding of your skillset and aptitude.
Who are we looking for?
- High Integrity, Honesty, and Character
- Passionate about solving problems and helping others.
- Incredibly positive and enjoys making another person’s day
- Detail-oriented and attends to administrative tasks such as tracking tickets & documentation
- Excellent communication with team and clients. Ensures clients always have the latest status in a timely manner.
- Timely follow-through.
- Respectful and values kindness as well as healthy boundaries. We do not expect any of our staff to be a doormat and will advocate for you if there are toxic clients.
- Self-starting, who takes the initiative and desires to learn and grow.
- Takes pride in the quality of work and goes above and beyond to take care of our clients.
Including, but not limited to:
- Managing support ticketing system, ensuring customers receive timely responses and follow-up and/or collaborate until a solution is achieved.
- Providing support via phone and email – adding any outliers to the support ticketing system.
- Collaborate with hosting server team and LMG team members to ensure high-performance and timely resolution of customer issues and requests.
- Monthly Maintenance & Email customer reports for all sites.
- Track time to bill clients.
- Utilizing Project Management System.
- Updating and creating tutorials and documentation.
- Writing code snippets to solve one-off problems.
- Communicating with the team and supporting peers using chat, audio, and video.
- Work with a variety of plugins for both function and performance.
- Work within a team, including Web Design and SEO specialists.
- Able to effectively communicate recommendations and best practices to the team and client.
- Updating modules using dashboard interface.
- Maintain WP Multi-site (80+ sub-sites).
- Use SSH and or FTP, Update / Install Plugins, Backup website/Database.
- Respond to specific requests and provide solutions.
- Monthly Strategy meetings.
Personal & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Including ability to put technical details into terms the client can understand.
- A sense of humor, patience, and understanding. We like to laugh, and we are all human, so these are important traits!
- Advanced attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and ask for help when necessary.
- Attends to Administrative tasks such as tracking timers in online system.
- Self-motivated and able to work alone and with a team.
- Creative thinking and enjoys collaboration.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Ability to diagnose, research, troubleshoot, and solve client issues with website, forms, email, critical errors, and more in a timely manner.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a WordPress Technical or Development role that includes setup, backend, and server administration collaboration.
- Themes – Primarily Divi (Avada, child themes, etc)
- Plugins (i.e., Gravity Forms, WooCommerce, WP Super Cache, Post SMTP, MS Hosted Exchange & Gmail.)
- Strong comprehension of HTML and CSS. Able to write HTML and apply styling from the ground up.
- Dev Tools (Firebug, Chrome Inspector, etc.)
- Server-Related Experience
- Experience with Server, Networks, WHM, ConfigServer Security and Firewall – CSF.
- Utilizing cPanel to create new WP sites for the design team, setup email accounts, etc.
- Ability to determine a variety of ways to speed up a website.
- Understanding of Domains/DNS, send/receive, MX records, SMTP.
- Able to read error logs (Apache, PHP, WP, mail) and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Understand Command Line Interface (Bash) experience, write Bash scripts for basic functions, perform basic move, copy, or permission CLI Commands.
- Experience with FreshDesk Ticketing System.
- If Remote: A Personal Computer at home with high-speed Internet Access & Security.
- Search Engine Optimization experience is a plus.
* Inclusion Statement*
At Lewis Media Group, we strive to have a diverse workforce because every person is unique, and we want you to be yourself. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Please include a cover letter detailing your experience as well as a little bit about you and why you should be considered. Add profile links if available, website, LinkedIn, etc.
- Remember, detail is important to us, so don’t forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out 🙂
- We may not be able to individually respond to every application, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 – $24.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Currently operating as normal. We will adjust, when appropriate, as Covid-19 guidelines change. We have the capability to meet via video conferencing.
- Associate (Required)
- Technical WordPress / Website: 3 years (Required)
- English – Fluently (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Fill out the job application form below:
"*" indicates required fields